Monday, October 15, 2007

I Love Zakka


I treated myself to this Japanese craft mook (magazine + book) because I loved the cover. Even though I had to pay twice the price, it was worth it. I've gotten a lot of inspiration from the photos, but the little girl's shirt from the cover was my first project. It's a very simple pattern. I used a yoke pattern I already had and cut the rest using my own measurements.

For the embellished neckline I used remnants from my scrap basket.

Here's a detail of the scallop trim which I made using one of the fancy stitch functions on my sewing machine.

I made a cropped jacket with bell sleeves to go with this blouse from handwoven hemp I picked up at the border. I love the coarseness of the hemp, but with time it will soften.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute blouse! The trim really makes it pop. I like your blouse more than the one on the magazine cover.